Sunday 22 February 2009

Top 10 Northern Soul songs?

Northern Soul is the only possible reason why I would have wanted to have been born in Wigan in the 1970s. Great music, great club and great clothes, apart from the big kecks.
So, in no particular order other than my iTunes most played, here's my favourite Northern Soul songs:

Move on Up – Curtis Mayfield
Do I Love You (Indeed I do) – Frank Wilson
Uptight (Everything's Alright) – Stevie Wonder
Wade into the Water – Marlena Shaw
Backfield in Motion – Mel & Tim
Eddie’s my name – Eddie Holman
Sweetest Feeling – Jackie Wilson
I Can’t Help Myself – Four Tops
Just My Imagination – The Temptations
There’s a Ghost in my House – R Dean Taylor

Notable absences:
What Becomes of the Broken Hearted: Jimmy Ruffin
Blowing My Mind to Pieces - Bob Relf
The Snake - Al Wilson
This Old Heart of Mine - The Isleys
Sweet Soul Music - Arthur Conley

No comments:

Post a Comment